THIS GROUP IS MEETING ONLINE USING ZOOM
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE GROUP,
PLEASE CONTACT OUR CHURCH OFFICE AT
The Art of Forgiving
by Lewis Smedes
Sunday Morning Online Discussion
May 10 - June 7
9:00 - 9:55
* The first person to benefit from forgiveness is the person who does it.
* We do our forgiving alone inside our hearts and minds; what happens to the person we forgive depends upon them.
* Forgiving is a journey: the deeper the wound, the longer the journey.
* Forgiving does not require us to reunite with the person who broke our trust.
* We do not forgive because we are supposed to; we forgive when we are ready to be healed.
* Waiting for someone to repent before we forgive them, is to surrender our future to the person who wronged us.
If any of these statements challenge or intrigue you, please join us in the 4-week titled "The Art of Forgiving" based on
the book with the same name by Lewis Smedes. The book is helpful but not required for the class
The Wired Word
information concerning a current event to assist
you in preparing for the discussion on Sunday morning.
Reading this material is optional but very helpful.
The lesson design for Sunday morning is:
Lessons are organized into seven sections:
A Teacher Introduction to the lesson
An in the News summary of a current event
Big Questions for consideration or discussion about the topic
Scripture references to help confront the news with hope
Additional group Discussion Questions
Suggestions for Responding to the News
A Closing Prayer