Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church
2733 Lake Tahoe Blvd.,
South Lake Tahoe, California 96150
Church Office: 530-544-3757
Secretary’s email: LakeTahoeCPC@gmail.com
Church Website: www.tahoepres.churchsites.com
Our Face book Page: www.facebook.com/TahoePresby
Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church
We welcome all to worship the Lord and
to share the Good News of Christ.
Come as You Are!
* Hymn of Praise:“A Mighty Fortress Is Our God” HB No. 151
1. A mighty fortress is our God, A bulwark never failing
Our helper He amid the flood Of mortal ills prevailing,
For still our ancient foe Doth seek to work us woe-His craft and pow’r are great,
And Armed with cruel hate, On earth is not his equal.
2. Did we in our own strength confide, Our striving would be losing,
Were not the right man on our side, The man of God’s own choosing,
Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is He- Lord Sabaoth His name,
From age to age the same, And He must win the battle.
3. And tho’ this world, with devils filled, Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph thro’ us.
The prince of darkness grim, We tremble not for him-His rage we can endure,
For lo, his doom is sure; One little word shall fell him.
4. That word above all earthly pow’rs, No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours Thro’ Him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go, This mortal life also- The body they may kill;
God’s truth abideth still: His kingdom is forever.
Announcements: Please see announcements at the end of this bulletin. If you have an announcement
please contact the Church office at (530) 544-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Passing the Peace of Christ
The Prince of Peace has come, now we have the privilege of sharing God’s peace
with our neighbors with the words “The Peace of Christ be with you.” Please pass the peace to your neighbors next to you.
Children’s Message – Adrian Ricards
*Call to Worship:
Leader: Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
People: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Leader: Turn, O LORD! How long? Have compassion on your servants!
People: Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
All: Let your work be manifest to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
Call to Confession
Leader: We are called love God with all our hearts, and all our souls, and all our minds. Only when we turn to our Lord with true repentance can we love as we are asked.
Prayer of Confession (In Unison): Everlasting God, since the creation of the world, you have filled us with your love. And yet we shamefully admit that we do not always share your love with others. We are selective about who we choose as neighbors: only those who are clean, who look like us, who talk right, who seem safe. O God, teach us to share that love you gave us. For in loving you, our lives will show love to all others, even as your love reaches out to all your creation. (Silent Prayer) Amen
Assurance of Pardon: In God's Kingdom we are forgiven and loved because of who we are, God's children. This is a free gift, we cannot earn it, only accept it.
Friends, believe the good news of the gospel.
People: In Jesus Christ, we are forgiven.
All: Alleluia! Amen.
1Then Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho, and the LORD showed him the whole land: Gilead as far as Dan, 2all Naphtali, the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the Western Sea, 3the Negeb, and the Plain — that is, the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees — as far as Zoar. 4The LORD said to him, “This is the land of which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants’; I have let you see it with your eyes, but you shall not cross over there.” 5Then Moses, the servant of the LORD, died there in the land of Moab, at the Lord’s command. 6He was buried in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor, but no one knows his burial place to this day. 7Moses was one hundred twenty years old when he died; his sight was unimpaired and his vigor had not abated. 8The Israelites wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days; then the period of mourning for Moses was ended.
9Joshua son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, because Moses had laid his hands on him; and the Israelites obeyed him, doing as the LORD had commanded Moses.
10Never since has there arisen a prophet in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face. 11He was unequaled for all the signs and wonders that the LORD sent him to perform in the land of Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his servants and his entire land, 12and for all the mighty deeds and all the terrifying displays of power that Moses performed in the sight of all Israel.
34When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, 35and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37He said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the greatest and first commandment. 39and a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Message: “The Love Challenge” Glen Smith
* Hymn of Response: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” HB No. 139
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God, my father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not. As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
Chorus: Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed, Thy hand has provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.
2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest, Sun, moon and stars in their courses above. Join with all nature in manifold witness, To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. Chorus
3. Pardon for sin, and a peace that endureth! Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide! Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine, and ten-thousand besides. Chorus
Prayers of the People / Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name,
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever. Amen
The Joy of Giving: Please go to our website https://tahoepres.churchsites.com and click on the “Donate” button
mail a check to: LTCPC, 2733 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe CA 96150 to give an offering.
* Sending Hymn: “The Heart of Worship” Michael W. Smith
1. When the music fades, All is stripped away, And I simply come. Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth, That will bless your heart, I'll bring you more than a song
For a song in itself, Is not what you have required, You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear, You're looking into my heart
Chorus: I'm coming back to the heart of worship, And it's all about you, It's all about you, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it, When it's all about you, It's all about you, Jesus
2. King of endless worth, No one could express, How much you deserve, Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is yours, Every single breath, I'll bring you more than a song, For a song in itself
Is not what you have required, You search much deeper within, Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart. Chorus
* Congregational Response: “May the Lord” by Bob Grant
“May the Lord, mighty God, bless and keep you forever.
Grant you peace, perfect peace, Courage in each endeavor.
Lift up your eyes and see His face, And His grace forever.
May the Lord, mighty God, bless and keep you forever.”
• It’s time for Operation Christmas Child. Boxes can be picked up at the Church office Tuesday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm starting on Wednesday 10/14. Tuesday 10/20 and Tuesday 11/03, the office will be closed. Please return your boxes to the Church office Tuesday 11/16 through Thursday 11/18. Please remember when packing your boxes, do not pack anything with glass or liquids. Please remember to include a $9 check made out to Operation Christmas Child or $9 cash to help out the program with shipping and handling. Outreach team thanks you for your support in bringing good news and Joy to Children all around the world. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Extrum..
• Church Fall Cleanup Day Oct. 24
If you were there yesterday, thanks so much for your help!
• Adult Sunday School welcomes everyone who would like to join us.
For details contact Jane Ellis-Touryan at 530-318-9810 or email@example.com.